Sunday, April 4, 2010

Paper Heart.

Procrastination has plagued me this weekend and I'm sure staying up until 5:30 in the morning last night did not help in the process of motivation. I keep telling myself I will be productive, but it has yet to officially happen. Watching Paper Heart and eating pizza tonight didn't exactly contribute to my academic success, but it was a wonderful diversion.

Photobucket

The film was made in an interesting format, having both documentary and scripted segments, though it was treated as a documentary. The adorable comedienne and skeptical Charlyne Yi goes on a journey to find the truth in love, something she does not believe she is capable of. Along the way, she meets Michael Cera, her real life boyfriend. I'm sure you can guess what follows. I found the questions raised to real people provided interesting perspective. I identify most with Charlyne at the beginning of the movie, as I look upon love quite critically. I have no interest in settling down with someone, despite the fact that our society is so driven by the idea of "the one". One of my very favorite scenes of the movie featured Charlyne speaking with kids on a playground. The interaction was hilarious to say the least. The idea of love through a child's eyes seems so far fetched, but some of the kids spoke with wisdom beyond their years. I certainly have expectations and hopes for my future, but I cannot even imagine how my ideas will change.


I just want to be young and free forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment