Monday, July 11, 2011

Spangled.

Loving your country is a wonderful idea, but I appreciate the Fourth more for the picnics and the beautiful booming lights in the sky. I think my problem is that when I think of patriotism, the legacy of slashing and burning caucasian males comes to mind, instead of the opportunities that the country provides to those not born here (this of course becomes an issue when immigration is brought into the discussion). But then again, I wonder if that's a myth created by our graying forefathers to create a glorified history of the country. My own citizenship, a product of "birth-right" and entitlement may simply lead to me overlooking what makes America great. In other words, because I expect a lot, I don't see what others might appreciate. Enjoy the music and my amateur photography (the pie closeup, the gas structure, the blurry fireworks) alongside better shots by Miss Gillian Spencer.


Photobucket

Photobucket





Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
Photobucket



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



Photobucket





Gisele Bundchen for V magazine shot by Hedi Slimane, styled by Clare Richardson; Gisele Bundchen for Vogue China shot by Patrick Demarchelier, styled by Nicoletta Santoro

No comments:

Post a Comment