Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year's Daze

I have no interest in putting forth a pseudo-intellectual reflection of the year, nor a sentimental mishmash, but I do feel the need to write something. Last night, I celebrated the New Year with good friends at a small get-together. Platonic mouth kisses exchanged and a lot of solo dancing on my part pretty much characterized the evening. I also left my pants at home in favor of black nylons over black underwear. After the intimate atmosphere of the first portion of the evening, a trip to our favorite sleazy 18+ gay club (you may know which I'm speaking of) brought more hours of dancing upon towering wedge heels for myself and some appropriately dirty dancing for others. Two of my oldest friends invaded my bed for seemingly endless laughter and a fairly unsuccessful night's sleep.

The morning brought homemade breakfast with most of the friends from the original celebration. The coffee run my bedmates and I went on ended in general disorientation. A drip coffee cost one of my friends a cool $4.25 and I managed to dump an entire container of raw sugar into my Americano. To be fair, the lid practically dove into my coffee, making a bit of a mess. The resulting product was scary sweet, perhaps a taste of things to come?

I'm going to ignore my previous decision to avoid the sentimental and say it was honestly the best New Year's celebration I have experienced thus far, due in no small part to the hilarious and kind people I have surrounded myself with for years. Even though my fridge is empty and I am exhausted, I'm feeling rather optimistic of the year to come. One of my many resolutions is to stop by my neglected blog far more often. So very much has happened that I have yet to document, but I plan to be more balls-to-the-wall in 2012.

Cheers to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment