Friday, February 10, 2012

"No Sweat My Pet"

Aside from the fact that I managed to sleep through my 8:30a.m. French class, I greeted the morning with a decent attitude. Wearing a Steve Urkel t-shirt and bright blue jeans may have had something do with it. The shirt is a favorite, as it reminds me of a huge vintage band tee, but it's all the more ridiculous, especially because of the various sayings that frame Urkel's face.

A friend came over and I made us coffee while we chatted. Uncharacteristically sunny and optimistic, I found myself dancing around my apartment with an audience of one. I don't think it was just the caffeine. After he left, I spent my time working on a Gillian's valentine. Once done, I threw together an outfit and went to the post office. It's always notable (if such a thing can be) when I wear much bright color. Even that orange sock is glaring through between the jeans and shoes. My apologies for not at all being remotely capable of taking photos of myself.

Photobucket

Vintage 1980's blazer, thrifted and gifted Steve Urkel t-shirt, Blanco jeans, Messeca wedges, American Apparel circle scarf, plaid dress hem (worn as scarf), 7 Chi studded bag, assorted jewelry

I've been meaning to post a close-up of the shoes for a while now. I got them fairly recently on Piperlime and I wear them constantly. Ignore the twelve inches of dust visible on my floor.

Photobucket

Test shots are mildly entertaining. I think there was a campaign with the models heads chopped off sort of like this, but I can't remember. The photographer probably photoshopped their veiny arms though.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment