Monday, August 27, 2012

Paris is Burning.

Photo by Tara Peters
Or at least it was during last weekend's heatwave. If you have yet to be informed, you should know that I am in Paris. It's strange to think about, seeing as the "trip" was not something I decided to do all that long ago. I stumbled upon a Surrealist seminar while browsing study abroad opportunities, saw that it was in Paris, and threw together an application a couple days before the deadline. I'll save you from the additional peripheral information.

The point is, I am so grateful to be here. It's beautiful, the culture is stimulating, and going to class is more than a pleasure. I've been fairly vigilant as far as photographing things, so hopefully more than a few pictures (shot with a Canon point-and-shoot, mind you) will surface here. Our class schedule is fairly full with adventures and museum trips, etc., but I also plan to see a great deal on my own (the Balenciaga exhibition, the Marc Jacobs and Louis Vuitton exhibition,and the Père Lachaise Cemetery to name a few). I have already been to the Centre Pompidou, Sacre Couer, and plenty other tourist-y sort of things—not that I haven't done anything else. Anyway, I'll be keeping in touch. Bisous.

No comments:

Post a Comment