Saturday, December 20, 2008

The Grand Entrance.

Hello technological world.

Photobucket

This is my first post, on my first blog outside of the notorious MySpace. I feel the same anxiety I would walking into a party full of acquaintances and half-friends. It is as if I don't know if I should be here or not, but I'm here and I plan on enjoying myself. I have several reasons for starting this blog, though these may change as time passes. The principal reason is simply to have a creative outlet, where I can write about my thoughts, feelings, and maybe present some writing to be viewed and scrutinized. I titled the blog "These Lips May Sink Ships..." after (edited) lyrics from the song Loose Lips by Kimya Dawson, as heard in Juno, a favorite movie of mine. Not only that, but the quote is only too true to my life. I've been known to have a mouth that brings me trouble. I may also try to list my hours blogging as Creativity hours in hopes of claiming an International Baccalaureate (IB) diploma, something I feel like may never happen, but that is another story. Finally, I'm presently trapped in the house. Not literally, but due to a blanket of snow and supposedly imminent storm on its way, I think it best to avoid driving my '87 BMW, which can hardly handle rain. I hope the power doesn't go out. That's what is predicted. The same thing happened a year or two ago, and the cold was unbearable.

To address my blogger signature, S.T.D. are my initials, my name is [unimportant]. Though it would seem sad and embarrassing, I find a good laugh in my parents complete ignorance. A humorous mistake. Those always seem to make the best stories. Some things to know about me: I am a senior in high school, living in a suburb of Seattle (In the "Greater Seattle Area"), and I have a love for fashion, art, and many beautiful things.

If you wish to know more about me, feel free to ask questions. I pride myself on being an open book (for the most part). I hope to bring you, yes you, inspiration and delight through this ongoing writing project.

No comments:

Post a Comment