Sunday, July 12, 2009

It's Couture Dahhhling!

This past week, Fall/Winter Couture was shown in Paris. I'm always amazed by the workmanship involved in Haute Couture, even if I don't love the aesthetic itself. My favorite just might have been Jean Paul Gaultier, who mixed Old Hollywood glamor with some futuristic garments, providing for a questionable point of reference. In any case, I loved it. Some of the clothes even looked a bit GaGa.

Lara Stone in the opening look
Photobucket

Liu Wen in an amazing leather concoction
Photobucket

Thana Kuhnen
Photobucket

Lara Stone
Photobucket

Magdalena Frackowiak
Photobucket
I predict that Lady GaGa will happily claim this look as soon as possible.

Alright so I didn't showcase any of the more Old Hollywood looks, but the above were my favorites. On a more somber note, Christian Lacroix showed in what might be his last show due to his bancruptsy. Sad times.

And onto more commercial fashion, I had my second day of work yeseterday and I loved it. I adore all of the girls I work with and the atmosphere of BP is upbeat and exciting. The Anniversary sale is going to be insane ya'll!

Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment