Sunday, July 5, 2009

Just stopping by...

A whole lot has happened since my last post. Prom, a roadtrip to Oregon, Graduation, Gay Pride, and most recently the 4th of July. I have been quite saddened by the infrequency of my posting, but all I can do is move on and stop being such a slacker. Now I present you with a long, detailed post all about my life. I hope you missed me :)

I wasn't expecting that much from Prom. I actually think it's all a bit stupid. Ugly dresses, ugly hair, ugly corsages, and a hyped up tradition that isn't all that fun. Gillian and I decided we'd be dressing up in the spirit of Lady GaGa, because let's be honest, she's amazing. This was my main motivation for going really... My group went kayaking that morning on Alki. The sky was gray, but our activity turned out to be quite the workout, so we were nice and toasty. Not to mention it was exhilarating and at times a bit frightening. Then, sandy and salt-watered, we went to Sunfish, an excellent fish and chips restaurant run by a very friendly, very boisterous Grecian family. After that deliciousness there was getting-ready to be done. This meant pleather, sparkle, and black lipstick in a geisha style, as seen in GaGa's "Paparazzi" video.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Love these people...
Photobucket
Dinner was at a fancy waterfront restaurant that I felt quite obtrusive in. They clearly don't see very many rouched pleather leggins come through. The name of said restaurant escapes me. The dance was fun, especially during Billy Idol's "Dancing with Myself". After, a stop at my friend Juan's house, and then more dancing and poor decisions at Neighbors.

After the seniors' last day, 7 of my friends and I fled to Oregon!
We rented a house outside of Newport, on the beautiful coast. The trip was quite relaxing and a lot of fun at the same time.
There were lots of incredible things to see...
Photobucket
Photobucket
...as well as a lot of sleep to catch up on.
Photobucket

Goodbye Oregon...
Photobucket
Overall, the trip was a grand old time I will not soon forget.

Graduation was simply a boring ceremony, which I tried to ruin as best as I could. Gillian and Julie decorated my cap for my ill head.
Photobucket

What followed was a long Grad Night in which I spent a cumulitive 4 hours rollerbading.

The Gay Pride Parade was wonderful and crazy as always... Jana, Nina, and I enjoyed our annual outing with Jana's friend Jill.
Photobucket
The freaks were out to my great pleasure.
Photobucket
Jana was even punished by a member of the BDSM community.
Photobucket
I am so glad we live in a world where we can act this way for at least a day...

I apologize for the awful excuse for a post, but I have been impatient about getting this one done, despite the fact that it took me a month or so to start...

And now I must really get to bed... I have not told you, but I'm working at Nordstrom now! Work tomorrow. Goodnight my dear followers (as they call you).

No comments:

Post a Comment