Saturday, December 12, 2009

For the Love of Chloé

December has brought winter in a sudden rush of cold and I have yet to acquire a proper coat. I wonder how I survived in previous years, but realize I have adopted a fashion over function perspective since last Winter. The abandonment of my poor car, Candy, also makes my life much more chilly. Layering has been my savior, but I really just want a beautiful and warm coat.

Chloé offered up some wonderfully relaxed - but no doubt cozy - winter coverings for F/W 2009.

My very favorite was the first look at the runway show, modeled by Sigrid Agren. I'm not sure what it is about this cape, but I'm in love.

Photobucket
style.com

Karlie Kloss donned the same cape for the November issue of Vogue. Those gloves and Prada waders are absolutely gorgeous with it.

Photobucket
fashiongonerogue.com

Freja Beha Erichsen wore something similar with a slight Southwestern vibe. The cold weather shorts and over-the-knee boots are two trends I hope stay around for a while. Freja looks a bit like a ravishing buccaneer.

Photobucket
style.com

Finally, we have Liu Wen in what is the most commercial of these outerwear pieces. The camel-colored lace-ups are delightful and I'd like to slip that bag on my arm any day.

Photobucket
style.com

Though I dream of owning these pieces, it's not realistic in the slightest. The cape is $4,560 and I am a broke college student who comes from the middle-class suburbs. Urban Outfitters provides me something of reasonably-priced cool, but it obviously does not compare to the work of high fashion designers.

This coat and this wrap are my current pursuits.

"We're so rich in love, we're rolling in cashmere..."

No comments:

Post a Comment