Wednesday, November 10, 2010

My Fantasy Christmas List

The opening and closing looks from Alexander McQueen's Spring 2010 collection

Photobucket
Photobucket

And a couple of the shoes

Photobucket
Photobucket

The finale look from his final collection

Photobucket

I dream of being able to buy fashion that I may not wear, but will collect as some collect art.
I cannot think of a more artful designer than the late McQueen.

A job at either V or Love magazine

Photobucket
unbiasedwriter.com

This Alexander Wang leather jacket.

Photobucket

A conversation with Miuccia Prada

Photobucket

Endlessly intriguing and intelligent. She blows my mind.

Marni Nude Perforated Jacket for Spring 2011

Photobucket

A date with Marc Jacobs

Photobucket
Terry Richardson's Diary

Traditionally speaking, he's too old for me.
I find him sexy and believe his genius knows no bounds.
How wonderful it would be if we could just have a drink.

Look 23 from his Fall 2009 collection for Louis Vuitton

Photobucket

Hello boots...

Photobucket

Look 16 from his Fall 2009 collection for his namesake label

Photobucket

I partially credit these collections with sparking my intense love for fashion.
I had been looking at magazines and dreaming alongside lady friends before, but these had me in love with no hope of a return.

Coffee with Sally Singer

Photobucket
The Selby

The recently crowned editor-in-chief of T magazine is one of the most well-spoken voices in the fashion world.
I can only imagine how enlightening a short coffee date would be.

A trip to Paris

Photobucket
wikimedia

A nice, handsome man to show me around wouldn't be bad either.


The Proenza Schouler shoes from Fall 2010

Photobucket
openingceremony

The coat that opened Balenciaga Spring 2011

Photobucket

I am a die-hard fan of Nicolas Ghesquière's work for Balenciaga.
This collection in particular would seamlessly fit into my closet.

A raiding of Mary-Kate Olsen's closet

Photobucket
olsensanonymous

While this image is old, it simply goes to show the talented eye Miss Olsen has.
The tee paired with that heavy necklace?
Absolutely perfect.

The perfect parka by Dries Van Noten Fall 2010

Photobucket

NYC Apartment

Photobucket
about

The West Village, Chelsea, or Soho would be best.

A week with GaGa

Photobucket
gagadaily

I refuse to explain this.


This Givenchy Haute Couture Dress

Photobucket

A getaway for me and my ladies a la Marie Antoinette's hameau de la reine ...

Photobucket

...where there is a closet full of Chanel Spring 2010


Balmain in gold

Photobucket
Photobucket

And black...

Photobucket

Spring 2011 Burberry Black Leather

Photobucket
Photobucket

Haider Ackermann Black Leather Pants
Photobucket

The Birth of Venus by Sandro Botticelli

Photobucket
wikimedia

More than anything, I want to live.
All these things are unrealistic, often due to their material value.
I don't want to ever forget that dreaming is free.


Runway photos via style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment