Thursday, April 7, 2011

They'll slay me for this one.

I'm in the process of writing an article about models and their weight and I can't help but to feel passionate. I'm tired of hearing aggressive barbs and condescending attitude targeting a population comprised mostly of 15 year-old girls. I am thrilled to see the industry opening up to a more diversified look, but diversity is undefinable. The frenzy about Crystal Renn's weight loss is inappropriate and presumptuous. Can someone tell me what a "real" woman is? What a "real" person is? I have been sat down by concerned adults and told that I am "too skinny" when truthfully I have a garbage disposal for a stomach. Give it up. Let's just live in a world where bodies are bodies and people are just people. This interview with Crystal Renn for the Ford Models Blog is absolutely wonderful. You might even learn something.

No comments:

Post a Comment