Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Wrap Your Troubles in Dreams.



Photobucket

Vintage wrap, thrifted BDG t-shirt, BDG jeans, deaux lux bag, BP Nordstrom scarf (worn as turban), gifted silver and seashell necklaces,
ring purchased at Moksha, tassle necklace Forever 21, assorted bangles, gifted flats


On the day of the Pride weekend street fair, Gillian and I explored the less charted regions of Capitol Hill, where we found a wonderful vintage store called Indian Summer, tucked away not far West of Broadway. I found a beautiful greyish, jade greenish wrap, printed with fish, antelope and other exotically rendered creatures all over it. The fringed hem also got my motor running. I had just spent nice sum at Cairo, another nearby vintage store, and reluctantly fell in love. Gillian looked at me and knowingly said, "Don't pretend you're not going to buy that." (For whatever reason, I have a fierce attraction to ponchos, wraps, capes, and any other garment that loosely covers me that couldn't be called a coat). The large "10" written on the tag seemed oddly low, so I made sure with the owner who reassured me it was ten dollars. All resistance was quelled thereafter.

The Summer weather has required me to be virtually naked (I'm a whiny Seattleite), so my excitement about the garment has not been fully exercised, but on the day I took this photo, it was rather cool and grey. I even put on some pants. I'm also fairly obsessed with headwraps and the like, so I devoted a chunk of my morning to mastering a turban shape with a long scarf. An excess of jewelry, eyeliner, and room in my bag brought together all of the bag lady elements.

I'm so fucking ready for Fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment