Tuesday, October 9, 2012

"It was my mom's in the '80s"


Not too long ago, my mom gave me some things from her closet she thought I could make some money on. I thought she was crazy to think I could get rid of it all. She thought I was crazy for wanting to wear any of it. Several of the pieces I have worn and the other few just hang in a dusty closet in my apartment. I like having them around. I decided to wear her old blazer today and couldn't stop thinking about the line said by  "ugliest effing skirt [Regina George] have ever seen" girl from "Mean Girls." It would be nice if I wasn't condemned as such, but whatever. 

The sunglasses and the brooch just under my shirt collar were both found in Paris at a store called Vintage Bar in Le Marais. I went there several times over the course of my trip, drooling over vintage Christian Lacroix, Chanel, etc. A wonderful blonde woman (maybe the owner?) helped me several times and was more or less the sweetest person I've ever met. I may also just have taken a particular liking to her because she was quite friendly for a Parisian (obviously, she was selling) and highly complimentary in French. An impossibly attractive French boy also helped me out one of the times I went. I'd like to know if there's anything more wonderfully Hedonistic than being among beautiful clothes and beautiful men. There's always the acquisition of these things, I suppose. In any case, obtaining the more material of the two had me plenty satisfied. 



 Vintage blazer and brooch, J. Crew button-up, thrifted shorts and belt, drugstore nylons, Messeca boots, bag purchased at Urban Outfitters, "vintage" CĂ©line sunglasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment