Sunday, March 22, 2009

I feel completely and utterly negligent.

I feel as if I have deserted this blog to partake in wasteful, unimportant timesucks which fail as creativity outlets. Perhaps I'm also spending more time with my studies, but I do not see why my academic life and technological fantasies cannot coexist. School has been busy and slightly mundane. I had an IB Spanish oral Wednesday that did not go as smoothly as planned, but hey, what's done is done. And thank (insert religious figure here) for that.

Monday was a wonderful day. Somehow, my friend Jake got ahold of some tickets to the Lady GaGa show at the Showbox at the market. The show was sold out, so you see, I didn't expect to have any sort of fun on this Monday night. GaGa, discostick in hand, was amazing, as expected. Her set was like a twisted sci-fi Warholian dance party in your hot pants with glitter and stilletos to top it off. The woman had 5 or 6 outfit changes, which thrilled me, as you might guess. The crowd was not as exciting as I expected, and I didn't get any action from the large gay demographic, but then again, I'm always disappointed by other people. Hah. That sounded completely self-centered. I don't care. It's not as if anyone reads this anyway. Below are some pictures from SPIN.com and a video of her NEW song "Future Love" at her San Diego show.
Photobucket
Photobucket

J'adore.

Anywho,
Thursday night was lovely. Gillian and I dressed up and bought a bunch of cupcakes from Cupcakes Royale and some real food from Trader Joe's. Following our adventures, we returned home and were joined by Bridget. The three of us watched a lovely, fucked-up movie called The Dreamers. Very provacative (NC-17 to be exact). Very beautiful. Eva Greene (of Bond girl fame) played supporting role as a fabulous, crazy french girl. Gorgeous. This isn't one for the faint of heart or stomach, as it includes themes of sex and incest, but I highly recommend it.
Photobucket

My mother just entered my disaster zone room and told me I need to "work on it." So until next time... Hopefully that's sooner rather than later. OH. Gillian and I have decided we're going to start a fashion blog this summer or perhaps a bit earlier. Keep an eye out for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment