Saturday, April 4, 2009

I have no legitimate excuses for slacking in this minimal, though still important area of my life. I am on Spring Break for heaven's sake. For my sanity, I need to stick with this blog. Spring Break has been a nice sigh of relief. My homework has been set aside for a "better" time. Movies, magazines, and the reading of ridiculous books have taken up the majority of my time. Though I will soon be experiencing self-hate for procrastinating so much, I do not regret these infrequent pastimes. The Jane Austen Book Club is definitely an example of procrastination gone right.
Photobucket
The movie poster is awful, right? The film was (quite obviously) a chick flick, about a group of people living vicariously through the books they read for a book club. Emily Blunt starred, so I knew I'd love it. The woman can do no wrong after her role as "Emily" in The Devil Wears Prada. The film also included an almost student-teacher affair and lesbian lovers, which appealed to my fancy.

On to a polarly opposite film...I watched Dogtown and Z-boys.
Photobucket
I had watched and fell in love with Lords of Dogtown, but I wanted to see the documentary. The film explored revolution in skating and the kids at the forefront of it all, incorporating actual footage/photographs as well as present-day interviews. Watching it, I wanted to be apart of it all. The boys weren't too shabby looking either.

In more important news, I have recently received my acceptance letter from the UW and committed. I am excited for what is to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment