Tuesday, May 19, 2009

GIRLS: Wear this to Prom!

The unfortunate tradition that many call a "rite of passage" is something I truly despise. I will be attending my own, but dressed inappropriately in black rouched liquid leggings and other pieces I have yet to decide on. No resonably-priced rental tux will neither be attractive, nor well-fitting, and my outfit will be fun and outrageous. Prom is just a bad platform for fashion, though the dresses are a major part of it. I think 90% of prom dresses are tacky and straight up fugly. The following pictures are scans from W magazine (supplied by fashionista.com).
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Karlie Kloss looks perfect in the last two pictures. Is that Stam in the first (with the hat)? In any case, the girl is fire. I see that this is a lot of black, and one of these looks is not even a dress, but they're eye-catching and beautiful. My obsession with sparkle and lace has been made public so these should come as no suprise. The only clothes I could identify by memory were from the last picture, featuring Balenciaga. The scan also credited the house in the corner, but I can proudly say I didn't use the credit! Nicholas's collection was amazing, and I need to see more of it! Why hasn't anyone worn that incredible blold-shouldered shirt Liya Kebede wore on the S/S09 runway? I mean, really.

UPDATE: I don't think that is Karlier Kloss in the second picture. Hah. Idiocracy.

No comments:

Post a Comment