Saturday, May 2, 2009

I have come to the conclusion that my lack of posting is a direct result of a lack of inspiration. I spend most of my time inside these days, despite the nice weather Seattle has been having. Isn't Senior year supposed to be easy? Aren't I supposed to come to class hungover? This isn't fun. This isn't right. IB tests start Monday. I have yet to begin studying, and I'm not sure how much I will. At this point, I don't care all that much.

Thursday was a good day. At school, I sat through a slew of useless, monotonous reviews. After I did a whole lot of nothing. At least nothing academically productive. I first stopped by my friend Bridget's house to see her recently-hatched hawk chicks. They're furry little things; quite adorable. I then traversed Southcenter (An unfortunate place) to get a couple magazines from Barnes & Nobel. Upon returning home, I watched a movie called The Smokers.
Photobucket
The smokers is about three girls who attend a boarding school. They have bad reputations there, because of course, they smoke. All three of the girls have experienced the feeling of weakness around a man, and they want to change that. They want to spark a revolution. It's all very dramatic. To do this, the three of them basically begin raping guys at gunpoint. The movie turns into a big mess, full of crazies. I really appreciated the ideas, though rape is not my style. I too question my power among men, hoping I am not a weak source ready for exploitation.

After watching fucked-up social commentary, I went for a run in the sunshine. I have been running more and more frequently. I miss it. I ran around the neighborhood for a while and then decided to stop by Eagle Landing Park. I had been in the park, though I hadn't gone to the end of the trail. I ran and ran and then found an extremely long set of stairs. After carefully making my way down, I had reached a small beach. The view was absolutely gorgeous, though I'm sure the sun didn't hurt. The beach itself wasn't all that extensive, having private property on both sides, but it is sure to become a secret spot. A lovely one at that.

Yesterday, Gillian took pictures of Julia, Chelsea, and I in hippie garb. They might just be the first pictures on our shared blog. More details soon.

Today Gill and I are going to a tattoo shop (to check out the artists) and shopping in the U-district. Have an awesome weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment