Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Thoughts.

I'm sitting here in the dark, sipping Sweet Dreams tea, nibbling on some crackers, and I am reminded of my icy entrapment just over a year ago. Despite the fact that I was freezing, basically immobile due to snow, and deprived human contact outside my family, there was something beautiful about the situation. Solitude can be lovely, though I would find myself in misery if it were to last.

I'm not sure why I found that noteworthy, but it was just a thought I felt should be put down. Over the past couple of days, I have been reflecting more than usual. For some unclear reason, I felt prompted to look back at the men I've been even vaguely romantically connected to. Of course I was plagued with the question of "What if...?", but not because I am discontent, just out of curiosity. I realized that had anything different happened, I may be an entirely different person than I am today. That thought is utterly frightening. I couldn't be happier with where I am today. Again, just another thought.

So far, Winter Quarter looks to be full of promise. I am taking an Art History class, covering Medieval and Renaissance art. Reluctance hit me when I realized a majority of the art to be studied from this period is religiously-themed, though after a couple classes, I am keeping my mind wide open. I have no doubt that it will be fascinating nonetheless. Having friendly faces in this class is exciting as well. I also have a Modern/Postmodern Literature class that I am already enthralled with. Discussing literature with intelligent people is like intellectual sex. It's intimate in it's way and thoroughly satisfying. Global Warming is my third and final class this quarter. I dreaded re-entering the realm of science, but my fears have subsided. It's not barren of science by any means, but I think the relevance and environmental context with keep me appropriately stimulated.

College has given me the opportunity to appreciate learning and I absolutely love it. I'm terribly busy, but it isn't all that terrible in truth. I hope to resist becoming jaded by this still new experience. Now, I'm off to play in a field of dreams. Goodnight darlings.

No comments:

Post a Comment