Saturday, April 25, 2009

Satisfied.

I should probably be studying for looming IB exams, but instead I'm exploring the world via my laptop. Earlier this week, while studiously working on my math homework, I watched Becoming Jane. After the seeing and then buying The Devil Wears Prada, I became an Anne Hathaway fan. In fact, I watched The Princess Diaries about a week ago. It also didn't hurt that she was on the cover of the January issue of Vogue.
Photobucket
Anyway, the movie starts with a young Jane Austen and follows her through her life. A constant pressure to wed a successful man plagues Jane, though she is unimpressed by the many men presented. She then meets Tom Lefroy, a man with a "reputation", and quickly falls in love with him. Her own life helps to fuel her career, providing inspiration for her novels. I found this film to be very honest about matters of love and such. It's no fairytale, though it has a feeling of whimsy about it. "Learning" about Austen's life has also increased my desire to become a novelist myself. Look out.

Moving on, last night was a lovely mess. I had friends over to watch Dick, of course and The Virgin Suicides. I'm quite convinced Spiderman 3 ruined Kirsten Dunst's career. The Virgin Suicides is directed by the incredible Sofia Coppola.
Photobucket
The beautiful, dream-like, morbid film follows a five sisters, prisoners in their own house, and explaining their eventual suicides. Depressing it is, but amazing nonetheless.

This morning I awoke to Julie and Gill jumping on me. The three of us lounged around until they left. Later, I went on my first run in months. It was painful, to say the least, but I am glad I did it. I hope running will become a more regular occurance in my life. I need to make it happen. Now I'm just enjoying myself here... I'm exhausted.

One final thing! The Gossip has just put out a new song called "Heavy Cross". The heavy guitar and powerful voice of Beth Ditto that have created ear orgasms are very present. Check it out: Perez

Now excuse me while I enjoy the rest of my weekend.
Enjoy yours <3

No comments:

Post a Comment