Friday, August 28, 2009

Writing, writing, writing...

In an successful effort to stay awake and ultimately fix my sleep schedule, I watched Juno-a film close to my impenetrable heart-and all of the special features on the SPECIAL EDITION DVD. Ain't that special? Many of them highlighted the genius of screenwriter, Diablo Cody, a former stripper, whose writing career started online. It's comforting knowing a little skankbot like me could one day write a script that will be cherished by teenagers everywhere. Unfortunately, business has been slow and I'm an attention-deprieved wreck. I'm talking about boys of course. Excuse my wangent (That is, wicked+tangent, though I don't know how wicked it is. All of the teen speak from the movie is pulsing through my sordid mind), but I find sharing my feelings so very easy. Anyway, the awesomeness of Miss Cody...

Photobucket
(Just look how cool she is!)

...led me to question my ability to write a screenplay or novel or some other sort of lengthy writing piece. I'm impatient, indecisive, and irritable. My feelings and ideas change from day to day, and commiting to characters and a storyline is difficult with so many ideas. I guess the only thing to do is approach such a project with some sort of organization, a killer idea, and lots of love. I'm afraid learning to be patient (at least in some aspects of my life) will also be neccesary. Here's to trying new things!

No comments:

Post a Comment