Sunday, May 23, 2010

Relaxation, Post-Excitement/Exhaustion.

For the past couple of weeks, I've been feverishly at work on major assignments for school and Seattle Fashion Week. SFW wrapped up last Saturday, but my life didn't slow down much until this weekend due to all of the catch-up that needed to happen. My weekend has been restful and even lazy, though I have minimally cleaned my living area. Gillian is finally home and a lot of time has been devoted to watching films, including those for my Women Filmmakers class. Saturday evening, we caught Nowhere Boy, the story of John Lennon's childhood at the Neptune for the Seattle International Film Festival. The weekend-long fit of laziness has been met with unhealthy eating habits, but the rush of next week will lead things back to "normal".

As for Seattle Fashion Week, it was an amazing and often stressful experience. Most of my time at the shows was spent backstage, but Friday I took a turn on the runway for Strut Boutique. Brittany Shefts, the owner, is a lovely new friend of mine and a wonderfully creative being. Many of the garments she showed were somehow altered by way of destruction and dye, with the addition of her own self-created pieces, such as fur shoulder-padded hood I wore. The premise of the show was swamp witches and other dark forest creatures. The other models and I slowly haunted our way down the 80 foot runway to close the Friday night show.

Photobucket

Leading the finale walk.
Photobucket
Brittany with models Lydia, Alexus, Vinessa, and I.

The hair and makeup, by Gene Juarez, was so beautiful that I found it necessary to go out in it. The eyes are just killer. I must say, I quite like looking strung out. The hair color is the result of extensions Miss Shefts dyed herself. Mine will forever be a reminder of a deliciously dark show.

Photobucket

Now, I must return to my zombieness before hitting the hay. I'll be back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment