Sunday, February 6, 2011

I know we suffer for fashion or whatever

Almost a month ago, I obscurely noted that something inspiring happened late one night. So the story goes... I'm in bed thinking about the way I have interacted with fashion—and by "fashion" I mean designer fashion. My thoughts went to New York where I purchased the beginnings of my designer collection. One of the items I was dead-set on purchasing was the Proenza Schouler x J Brand hand painted jeans from the design duo's Fall 2010 collection. Unfortunately, I'm too skinny or something (I know, poor me), because none of the major department stores ordered the jeans in my size. Of course, being shamelessly covetous was the next natural step. So I'm mentally checking off all of the avenues by which I can claim these beauties as my own and I even tell myself I'm willing to call the showroom and offer to pay full price (they are out of season now). Then, a burst of adrenaline hits me, I grab my computer and search for all of 15 minutes and find them in a 25 on the Bergdorf Goodman website on sale. Again, I would have paid full price. Side note: I purchase all of my own clothes. Mine is not a "Daddy-can-you-deposit-money-in-my-account?" situation. So I order them and try to breathe and end up not sleeping. In my mind, insomnia is an insignificant side effect from such an experience. The thought that I will own something Lazaro Hernandez and Jack McCollough dreamt up and hand painted is amazing beyond the realm of the explainable. I received them a week or so later and they fit perfectly. I so in love that I'm afraid something catastrophic will happen every time I wear them, but nothing has yet occurred. Another recent purchase was my first "real" pair of high heels, Jeffrey Campbell wedges with a sick little architectural cutout in the heel. Naturally, I whined to my friend and roommate, Alison, until she took pictures of me. The last one was candid, but makes me smile because I'm reminded of the Marc Jacobs & Louis Vuitton documentary (The entire film is on youtube!) when Irina Lazareanu explains the difference between a Louis Vuitton pose and a Marc Jacobs pose (see 6:15). I am of the latter variety. I apologize for my case of sexyface, but enjoy these as best as you can. In addition, I apologize if I've offended you with my materialism. For me, it's just not that simple. Kiss kiss.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Slience + Noise blazer, T-shirt from Urban Outfitters (cut by me), Proenza Schouler x J Brand Jeans, Jeffrey Campbell wedges,
Ring from Moksha, studded bangles from Nordstrom, black bracelet from Urban Outfitters

No comments:

Post a Comment