Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Seattle rain, show me what you've got.

I've living in "The Greater Seattle Area" my entire life, which means I have lived through 18 years of rain. I love the gray skies, the occasional thunderstorm, and of course a downpour. Many people - even those that have lived here just as long - do not. Now that I live here in the U District, I do a lot of walking, and walking in this weather is not always all that fun. I do not own very many pieces of utilitarian clothing or ANY entirely waterproof shoes. I have succumbed to mother nature and have bought Hunter rain boots and an umbrella. Actually, my wonderful mother bought them for me. I never imagined owning an umbrella and even criticized those who do, but after walking into class with my big hair flattened to my face and soaking, I knew changes must be made. As for the boots, my shoes might as well be socks. Hunters are top-of-the-line and their price echoes that, but quality is a valuable and convincing attribute. I will admit, one of the reasons I was so drawn to them was that I had seen photos of various beautiful people in them at music festivals.

One of these such people was Lily Donaldson at Glastonbury this year.

Photobucket
photo by style.com

Anna Selezneva was just in a gorgeous black and white i-D magazine editorial in which she wore those sick thigh-high waders from the Prada Fall 09 collection. I'm absolutely in love. Those would be an ideal, but there's no way mommy would pay for those!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
photos from i-D magazine via fashionista.com

The forecast tomorrow calls for rain and I'm hoping for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment