Tuesday, November 3, 2009

My favorite holiday...

My Halloween holiday had several parts to it. First was an absolutely delicious dinner prepared by Gillian, Ellen, and Juan last weekend. Gillian was in town for fall break, so it seemed a perfect time to run around in costume. I had the honor of portraying the UH-mazing Rachel Zoe. This dinner party was at Juan & Leland's place (thanks again boys). I wish I had photos of the food, it was really something. It was a lovely night and it was a wonder I didn't explode from such good food. I was lucky enough to see a group of ladies and gentlemen that I don't get to all that often.

Gillian was Strawberry Shortcake
Photobucket
Us being us
Photobucket

I felt at home after seeing this window display at Red Light on the Ave.
Photobucket
If you can't tell, it is "Mean Girls"-themed. GASP.

Early Friday night, Julia and I had planned on going to the Hansee (UW dorm) Haunted House with Ellen and Cyndy. The line was horrendous and we ended up finally leaving after too much waiting and leaving and returning and waiting. After navigating through a monsoon, we arrived at a costume/birthday party on at my friend Lauren's house for her roommate, Sarah. It was a good time, as it always is with this group of friends, though some of us don't remember the entire night. And no, I'm not speaking about myself. I did however, flirt with numerous men throughout the night, but that's not strange even in "real life". A note: dressing in drag is not exactly conducive to being a boy magnet. Neither is the way I dress normally, but I proudly dress for me. Anyways, Friday was magnificent as always. The walk home was rather interesting to. Tall, drunk girls are a handful, but I love them anyway.

Sharon (as a nerd) and I in Hansee
Photobucket

Saturday Alison and I went to the District Cross Country meet in Tacoma to get Halloween revenge on our former coach, Mr. J. The man didn't let us practice the course in costume a year before, even though it was Halloween. Our point was made, and our former teammates seemed rather pleased. That night, I attended a rather...obscure party. It was a friend's cousin's friend's house, though I do know said cousin, so technically I guess there is only a degree of separation here. This was not my normal crowd -there were several ROTC boys- but I had fun anyway. Julia, Cyndy, Alison, and I danced anonymously to strobe lights and didn't quit until we had to. One of us seduced a Chippendale's dancer and I had a random freak out about certain friends not playing nice. For future reference, do not play games with me when I am in an altered state. I will get rowdy on you. There was a mobile status update on facebook declaring myself a "SUPERCUNT" if that gives you any idea...

Alison and I
Photobucket
With the girls
Photobucket
Channeling the Zoe
Photobucket
Cyndy as Rosie the Riveter
Photobucket
My girls in a QFC parking lot... (Rosie, Post-it, Leila)
Photobucket

Finally on Sunday, Julia, Alison, and I decided to go see "Paranormal Activity" despite being warned that it was not worth the money. I figure if there's a movie hailed as "the scariest of all time", I should go see it. I was severely disappointed. Terrible acting and annoying characters had me laughing throughout the movie. I would not recommend it. Sorry to all of you that were scared... I was not.

Now, I must get some sleep. How was your Halloween?

No comments:

Post a Comment