Tuesday, August 31, 2010

An Impossible Task

I've been aching to move into my first apartment ever since I signed the lease with Alison in May. Tomorrow, we will finally be allowed to move in, but I won't be able to. I could just die. Between a full schedule at work, a trip to New York (in a week!), and school coming up, I had very little time to get my wisdom teeth removed, so I reluctantly scheduled the surgery for tomorrow. I can't say I'm completely prepared for moving anyway, as most of my stuff has yet to be packed.

I have a rather dreadful relationship with the act of packing. Vacations or even short weekends are complete nightmares because I want to take my entire wardrobe. For a weekend in Vancouver, B.C., I brought a large suitcase, which didn't seem that odd to me. My friends feel differently, constantly make fun of my consistent overpacking problem. Another problem I encounter during packing is distraction. Going through clothes often leads to playing dress up, which can often be quite unproductive. I've been mostly dealing with the latter issue, since I'm moving everything. I also have been quite overwhelmed with how much stuff I have. Hopefully, I will buckle down and get my shit in boxes, so that I can leave Burien forever.

I'm a tad nervous about tomorrow, but all my anxiety will fall away when my surgeon demands,

"SHOW ME YOUR TEETH!"

Photobucket
twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment