Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Imma get your heart racing in my skin-tight jeans...

Katy Perry's new video came out today and it retains the nostalgic feel of One of the Boys. While the song itself is a tad too lovey-dovey for me (but what isn't?), the humor within the lyrics makes me smile the way Katy's first album did. "Let's go all the way tonight"? Perry pointedly channels a high school girl including clever naivete that absolutely kills me. She seems to be saying that this love creates just as much giddiness and butterflies as a teenage love would. The almost sex scenes with the gorgeous mancandy don't hurt the video's appeal either, though it does get a bit repetitive. Sorry Russell, I'd rather see him half naked. It should come to no surprise that Katy tried to call the album Teenage Wet Dream, but ultimately had to remove the "wet". I have high hopes for this album, but also reservations about the potential for a saturation of "lovey-dovey" content. For now, I'll just try to enjoy this video.


No comments:

Post a Comment