Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Playing House

Through numerous house-sitting jobs and exhaustion after long hours at work, I have become somewhat a homebody this summer. I hate myself for it, as it goes against my personal philosophies about LIVING, but it is my (albeit changeable) reality. I've had the past few days off, taking care of two houses and several animals, ultimately leaving me feeling like some kind of modern-day housewife. A newfound love for Mad Men is yet another reminder of my unfortunate lifestyle, though the show's archaic social climate eases my pain ever so slightly. If in fact I was a happy housewife, I'd live in Marc Jacobs' Fall 2010 collection for Louis Vuitton.

Lara Stone
Photobucket

A wonderfully cinematic photoshoot in Vogue featuring Natalia Vodianova and Ewan McGregor showcased another dress created by Marc for his own label. The scene explores the implosion of a marriage, a situation that I believe happens almost inevitably.

Photobucket

I could never agree to be with someone forever, but the dress, I'd never part from.
I wonder if a beehive would be possible with my hair... I suppose it's pretty close already.

Thankfully, our heroine rises above the ashes and finds herself a new man.

Photobucket

Though I have no interest in running away with a man, I do like the idea of a new path. Perhaps that's just what I need...


Runway photo via style.com
Photoshoot via fashiongonerogue.com (American Vogue: Photographer Peter Lindbergh, Stylist Grace Coddington)

No comments:

Post a Comment