Thursday, August 5, 2010

Rachel's Return

I am beyond excited that The Rachel Zoe Project has returned for a 3rd season. So excited that I've watched the first episode twice. The persoinalities and the fashion fill me up like no other TV show can. Not only are the cast members' personal styles interesting, but seeing the process of a photoshoot or celebrity being put together literally makes my heart skip a beat. I've missed your speech, Rachel. News of Taylor Jacobson's termination was a significant plot line, but the Harper's Bazaar photoshoot with Demi Moore better captured my attention and my soul.

Without a doubt, my favorite look that was shot was a structured Alexander McQueen dress, complete with the uh-mazing armadillo shoes. Rachel mentions the late designer's genius, though it's clear that he was alive during the scene. A preview has me thinking that McQueen's devastating suicide will be part of an upcoming episode.

Amanda Lane
Photobucket

Photobucket

The thought of wearing those shoes on those stairs is absolutely terrifying.

Another fabulous look was a Chanel dress and bolero paired with Fendi heels on a gigantic chair.

On the runway: Iselin Stiero

Photobucket

Photobucket

One of my favorite trends shown for Spring/Summer 2010 was underwear as outerwear. Rachel chose a ravishing Christian Dior (by John Galiano) dress that represents the epitome of the trend.

On the runway: Thana Kuhnen

Photobucket

Photobucket

A look that viewers didn't see on Demi was one of my favorite looks—a ballet slipper-pink feathered dress—from Jason Wu's show as seen on Karlie Kloss.

Photobucket

Photobucket

This incredible Marc Jacobs bloomer look wasn't used in the shoot due to missing pieces. I have no doubt that it would have looked killer, but shit happens.

On the runway: Hannah Holman
Photobucket

There is of course, our heroine's amazing style. It looks as though Rachel has taken to a general uniform of fitted jackets—occasionally with a strong shoulder, simple black tops, black skinnies/leggings, tall black thigh/knee-high boots, and round black sunnies.


I'm obsessed with this jacket, principally for the beautiful blue color and the tassels lining the inner panels. I've been dying to find a perfect pair of super round glasses, but haven't been satisfied with a single pair. Rachel does them justice. Surprise.

Photobucket

Another look Rachel pulled out was this gorgeous red leather jacket, paired with a patterned scarf, and an easy black top. The pom pom hat and sunnies top it off perfectly.

Photobucket

A seated full-length view reveal skinnies and killer thigh-high black boots.

Photobucket


Here's another fitted jacket with a bit of a shoulder that Rachel wears when speaking to the camera.

Photobucket

This jacket immediately reminds me of the lovely band-aid of Almost Famous, Penny Lane. I love. This isn't the best shot, but it gives a good general idea. Different angles make it appear more grungy.

Photobucket

In the car Brad jokes, "By the way, you have a poodle around your wrist." Rachel quickly responds, "How many times do you think it'll catch fire today?" Oh how I've missed you two!

A final fabulous look was this leather jacket with the skinny black leg and thigh-highs.

Photobucket

These "triple platforms" are so high that Rachel literally needed a man to carry her down a hill. She of course has a little platform for her platforms to stand up on while on the Harper's photoshoot.

Photobucket

As a silly side note, I find it rather humorous that Rachel has taken up the word "major." It's certainly not a new term and it almost seems like she's trying to create new catch-phrases, but I'm not so sure about this one. It's minutely dated and sounds a bit contrived. I realize this is such a minor detail, but it did not go unnoticed.

I also noticed that the Hermes cuff Rachel wears as Roger informs her that he fired Taylor, matches the one Rachel bought for Jacobs last season while in Paris.

Photobucket

Rachel's

Photobucket

Taylor's

Photobucket

Oh the irony.

Runway photos via style.com
Demi Moore Photos via fashiongonerogue.com (Harper's Bazaar)

No comments:

Post a Comment