Monday, December 13, 2010

Somewhere, the girls pull it out

I'm quite a fan of Sofia Coppola's work, including the often-condemned Marie Antoinette. Not only is she a talented director, but quite the fashion darling, having posed in ads for Marc Jacobs and designing a bag for Louis Vuitton. Therefore, it should come to no surprised that the various premiers for the film Somewhere are complete with wonderful examples of interesting fashion choices. What a refreshing change to see women in clothes that are not expected of them.

Erin Wasson in Louis Vuitton Spring 2011

Photobucket

While some may find this look revolting, I find it rather perfect. It's effortless and sexy in a way only women like Erin can achieve. I love the unexpected color combination as well. Marc's genius never fails—at least in my headspace.

Sofia Coppola in Louis Vuitton

Photobucket

Isabel Lucas in Louis Vuitton Spring 2011

Photobucket

Elle Fanning in Valentino Couture Fall 2010

Photobucket

Elle Fanning in Rodarte Spring 2011

Photobucket

Let's just note that she is twelve. What a girl.

I'm pretty excited for the movie to come out. While the story of a father-daughter relationship would not often appeal to me, the clever writing and visual style that Coppola so masterfully integrates into her work will most likely leave me enchanted. That and that Elle Fanning is absolutely precious.



I've fallen in love with the song that begins midway in the trailer. It's called "I'll Try Anything Once" by the Strokes. It's on repeat until my iPod falls asleep.

images 1-4 via dailymail, image 5 via nylon

No comments:

Post a Comment