Friday, March 25, 2011

A little bit country.

Lady Gaga has just released the unexpected, but unsurprising "Born This Way (The Country Road Version)." I say unexpected simply because it's not a commercial rendition of the song. It's unsurprising because as I've learned more about Gaga and her own interest in the music of others, I've noticed a love for something more rough and tumble than what most people give her credit for. That might mean classic rock, metal, or even a bit of country. The record certainly has something nostalgic about it. It has that harder country sound that is nearly extinct by way of overproduction. I actually quite like it. In fact, I'd love to just kick back in a grungy bar with a whiskey ginger and jam to this song. But anyway, I'll shut my mouth before I read into it too much. Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment