Sunday, March 6, 2011

Missoni

My recent absence from the blog has been largely the result of a deadly plague and the moodiness it has wrought upon me over the last few days. In any case, I'm tired of feeling cooped up and generally cranky, so I thought the playful new Missoni collection and the Clueless soundtrack No Doubt might cheer me up. In a nod to youth culture and the style of her younger daughter, Teresa, Angela Missoni put forth a cotton candy grunge spectacle. Sweet pastel colors dominated the show, creating a bit of wonder and dreaminess that was a perfect counterpoint to the oversize proportions and heavy biker boots. The nonchalance of the silhouette was a wonderfully modern look back at the time of grunge that is sure to capture the hearts and minds of pretty young things. An illustrated embroidery of Japanese girls and flowers by artist Tiana Langdon contributed to the girlish sensibility, but also gave it a peculiarity. The gradation of color was one of my favorite aspects of the collection, especially on the skirt on Jacquelyn Jablonski, giving it the look of a delicious sunset. As per usual, the knits were fantastic, looking so welcoming and cozy I might just off myself for not possessing one. The knotted wonder on Valerija Kelava is my favorite. That blush orange has me in love. In total, this collection makes me want to actually wear head-to-toe color. The perfect conflict is created between the grungy and romantic elements. It's arresting to the point that I want to stomp around sugar plum fields in biker boots. How very sweet.

Kinga Rajzak
Photobucket
Liu Wen
Photobucket
Ruby Aldridge
Photobucket
Suzie Bird
Photobucket
Valerjia Kelava
Photobucket
Colinne Michaelis
Photobucket
Fei Fei Sun
Photobucket
Jacquelyn Jablonski
Photobucket
Melodie Monrose
Photobucket
Mirte Maas
Photobucket
Joan Smalls
Photobucket
Lindsey Wixson
Photobucket
Kasia Struss
Photobucket
Marique Schimmel
Photobucket

Photos via style.com


No comments:

Post a Comment