Thursday, January 1, 2009

A New Year

It is now 2009, the year I graduate. Even so, I don't feel like anything is different, nor do I have any particularly significant new years resolutions. Today was my last day working at Normandy Park Athletic. Quitting my job was part of a resolution, I guess. I feel that school needs to be my focus. We shall see how that goes...

I spent some of last night at my friend Sam's house for some good clean fun. After 10 I was at a lovely girl named Jessie's casa for a more illegal party. The night was a great time. I even got hit in the head with a hot dog. I didn't know many people at Jessie's, but I love meeting new people and making new friends, which is exactly what I did. My New Years kiss was with the female me, a girl named Leandra, who coincidentally lives in the same Capital Hill apartment building as a couple guys I know. I'm not a girl-kisser often, but this innocent peck made perfect sense. I think I remember Ado, Jessie's brother, giving me a smooch just for good measure. After many went home, I spent some quality time with Jessie's toilet, involuntarily ridding myself of the entire contents of my stomach. I'm good at taking care of myself.

I went to bed on the sofa, without a blanket, freezing and dreaming of deserted grocery stores and a physical fight with one of my best friends, Julie. After waking for the 5th time, I drove home (sober), went back to bed for a few hours, and then went to work at 3. My last day was strange, but pleasant. Visits to my former place of employment will be happening in the near future.

I'm not sure what I want or expect for this year, but I look forward to watching my life unfold. I am very lucky. I'm surrounded by fabulous people who love me and will soon be fleeing the coop to start life on my own. This might be heaven.

Currently Listening to:
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment