Thursday, October 22, 2009

Like a rollercoaster...

As the week came to a close, I felt under immense pressure, because my first two midterms were quickly approaching. Wednesday after class, I had an interview with the Common Language Project, a nonprofit journalism organization that needed an intern. After some quick research, this small, but dutiful group intrigued me with their international reporting and independent spirit. The interview went well, I assume, because today I confirmed my spot as a reporting intern. Tomorrow after class, I am to report to the office. I'm not sure if this means I am jumping right in, but I am excited in any case.

After the interview, I spent hours studying, concentrating on my communication class. At 6-8 hours, I was exhausted and felt confident that my psychology midterm would go fine without me having studied the night before.

Thursday morning, I hustled out the door, went to Suzzallo Library for a quick review, grabbed a coffee, and went to the HUB auditorium for my comm exam. Upon completion, I felt fine. Not good, not bad, just fine. Some girls from my FIG and I grabbed lunch at the HUB and then went on to our psych exam. Again, I felt fine. While walking back to my dorm, music blaring in my ears, I was stopped by a young man who asked if he could take my picture for his fashion blog University Street Meet. Being the attention whore I am, I agreed. Truly that wasn't the only reason. I was intrigued by the fact that I had found a street style photographer within my college community. Sometimes it feels like the fashion-friendly community here is very limited, especially when girls prance around in Uggs and Gortex jackets. I spoke with Nikolaj about collaboration and will be contacting him very shortly. I myself am not a photographer, but love what he's doing. His blog can be found here. The post featuring me is called "Coping With Copius Colors".
Photobucket
And my ego is stroked again... Thank you Nikolaj Lasbo.

Friday I was out of class early and met up with one of my main ladies, Nina, and went to her apartment in Westlake. We caught up, we dyed my hair, we argued about what we should wear that night. Of course, we were going to see The Gossip, so fabulosity could not be in short supply. Pictures were completely necessary.
Photobucket
We met up with Julia at the Showbox at the Market, I trespassed and peed in Pike Place Market with the help of an employee, and felt quite rebellious because of it. The show was amazing. Lesbians were everywhere. Beth Ditto's voice was a hurricane, despite a cold. I even had an opportunity to sing into the microphone, but my voice was so gone from trying to imitate Ditto's wails that I couldn't produce a sound (I think...). Perhaps it just sounded awful. After the show, Julia and I had a hell of a time getting home, but we won't talk about that.

Saturday was a wonderful Pre-Halloween party with friends old and new. Pictures might be up soon. Ellen and Gillian cooked a delicious feast and I attempted to walk in heels without looking like a boy walking in heels. It didn't work. Julia, Gill, and I came back to the dorm, slept in Julia's bed, and woke up without much sleep.

Today was alright. Julia's parents generously bought me brunch, which was delicious. Check out Atlas in U-Village if you want some good huevos rancheros. The rest of the day I sort of studied... I had dinner with two lovely girls in my building... Then all hell seemed to break loose. I thought I had lost my phone and I had just left it in the bathroom. The real bad news was that I completely bombed my psych midterm. I'm praying the news for comm won't be the same.

Tomorrow morning I have a real adventure ahead of me. I will be trying to visit Tukwila and register to vote at the very last minute. We'll see how that goes. I'm sorry this post is loosing it's luster after each consecutive line, but thinking about my problems makes me weary. Good night and good luck lovers.

2 comments:

  1. Hi how are you?

    I was looking through your blog, and I found it interesting, and inspiring to me, so I thought why not leave you a comment.

    I too have a blog that I use out of Southern California here in San Diego.

    Mostly it's a collection of artistic expression, and I have many friends with the same interests, maybe you can become my friend, and follow, and I can also follow you, if that is okay.

    Well I hope to hear from you soon, and or read about you….LOL

    Sincerely,
    Jesse

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so very flattered! I'll have to check out your blog as well...

    ReplyDelete