Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Her Virgin Voyage

I have yet to blog about the Resort collections this season, despite the fact that they've been getting more attention that ever before. I believe this is due to the fact that Anna demanded shows from many designers, as opposed to simple presentations. My choice to not blog on Resort due to my busy work schedule, though I wish I had started because I have been quite impressed with a season of clothes I usually skip over.

Today I stumbled upon Sarah Burton's first full collection for Alexander McQueen. While it comes nowhere close to "the real thing," Burton's debut rightfully honors the aesthetic of the late genius, while providing an extremely wearable collection of clothes. It should be noted that Resort comes nowhere close to Fall or Spring collections, which may account for a lack of...something. From the emphasis on tailoring, to the sheer drama and dark nature of the gowns, McQueen's influence is undeniable. I praise Ms. Burton for gracefully executing such a tremendous feat. Alla Kostromichova can be seen below in some of my favorite pieces.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photos via style.com


No comments:

Post a Comment