Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Rain, rain, won't you stay?

I've never understood the disdain many of my fellow Seattleites feel towards the rain. Even those who have lived here their entire lives groan at the sight of a dark, dreary day and the rain that may accompany it. I have always loved the rain, whether it be June or an otherwise more-appropriate time of year. From the sight, the smell, the sound it makes on rooftops, to the sensation of pure water falling on your skin, I wholly appreciate the beauty of rain. Tuesday, my friend Alison and I ran around during a downpour just for the experience. It was rather perfect.

Tonight, I decided I needed a late night after it started pouring, so I grabbed my Hunters, my coat, my iPod, and stepped out. Walks (or runs) have always been a lovely escape for me when under stress or feeling intense emotion and rain always seems to be additionally soothing. As intended, the walk alleviated my claustrophobia/restlessness/whatever is wrong with me. The soulful words of Adele and Beth Ditto completed the beautiful moment.

I should be going to bed now, but we'll see how that pans out.

No comments:

Post a Comment