Friday, June 25, 2010

Lovely discoveries can be a frightening find.

Even though I've been done with school for a week or two, I am still readjusting to life at home. "Moving in" has been a trying process, stirring up emotions ranging from anger to joy. Today I happened upon letters written by old friends who I met at a leadership conference. Their kind words left me with a newly optimistic mood, but also had me questioning the person I am today. They praised my spirit, my ambition, and my optimism. I don't fear that my spirit or ambition has died, but my attitude has shifted to a less positive and often critical (in terms of other people) place.

Is it possible that I am quickly on my way to jaded-ness? Or even worse, have I arrived without even knowing it?

I realize that development and maturation are significant in every person's life, and while I am not discontent with the person I am today, I find that there are things I want to work on. Jesus Christ. This is beginning to sound self-help book-y. Perhaps acknowledging one's flaws and making a point to adjust certain things are critical aspects of development.

In any case, these tidbits of nostalgia have left me in a terrific mood, which I will use to propel myself away from any sort of psychological worry. Happy Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment