Monday, June 14, 2010

Homecoming.

Returning to Burien after living in the city has felt strange, especially today. Between constantly working and a prompt evacuation with dufflebag in hand, I've spent a great deal of time away from home. Driving through the suburbs today and observing how life is lived here left me feeling like an outsider. I suppose I have always felt that way, but this was an exceptional moment. Hours have passed and I've hardly left my bedroom. I'd much rather be cooped up than deal with my surroundings. It's quite bizarre that I feel so restless in a place that's supposed to be "home." My job at Nordstrom and friends in the city will no doubt aid me in my lust for the city lights. Have you ever seen a nomad with a silver oversized tote from American Apparel? This summer is bound to be full of a sense of disconnect.

No comments:

Post a Comment