Friday, October 9, 2009

Giambattista Valli

Not too long ago, I had no idea who Giambattista Valli was. Of course, he's only had his own label for five years. I may have seen his name, but I had no attachment or knowledge of his work. Sasha Pivovarova changed that when she went to the Met ball, with him, in a minidress and peacock feathered shrug/cape of sorts. I am all about decadence and heavy embellishment, so I fell in love. Leigh Lezark wore a similar peacock feathered piece to his Spring/Summer 2010 show from his previous ready-to-wear collection. This season, it was all about the short party dresses sported by it girls everywhere. There were lots of featheres, sheer, fringed skirts, along with looks that were more simple and ladylike. But of course, I am more intrigued by the more flouncy, flirty side of the collection. The looks I'm featuring aren't exactly comprehensive, but they were what really got my blood pumping. I encourage you to check out the entire collection at style.com.

Alla Kostromicheva
Photobucket
Chanel Iman
Photobucket
Marina Peres
Photobucket
Anya Katzakova
Photobucket
Anna Selezneva
Photobucket
Jacquelyn Jablonski
Photobucket
Sophie Srej
Photobucket
Andreea Diaconu
Photobucket
Bojana Reljic
Photobucket
Sasha Pivovarova
Photobucket
Alla Kostromicheva
Photobucket
Georgie Badiel
Photobucket

photos at style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment