Monday, October 19, 2009

Morning Perfection.

This morning I'm starting my day with a chai tea latte and the October issue of Vogue. I was mid-way through an article called "The Ex Files" by Tad Friend–which is all about his recounted experiences with women, from their perspective–when I came upon a perfectly scandalous quote from one of Mr. Friend's exes.

"'I must admit that I miss wearing sequins, having sex, playing pool at 4:00 in the morning, and going to see bands like the Circle Jerks in Boston.... My greatest danger is the everydayness. If it descends in full force I'll simply get depressed and I'll ingrow like a toenail.... I'd like to read something of yours shortly-letter of fiction, anything.... Here's a smooch for you.' She inked in parted lips."

If this isn't an appropriate sentiment to start off my morning, I don't know what is. I myself, am quite the dreamer and like Lady GaGa, "I'm obsessively opposed to the typical." Kerry, as she is re-named later brings up another guy, declaring "If he'd had a heart, I would have crushed it..." What a woman.

And on the adjacent page, this killer ad from Givenchy (plus the house's name, of course).

Photobucket
(photo provided by stylefrizz.com)

Good morning dreamers!

No comments:

Post a Comment