Monday, February 15, 2010

Rag & Bone

I thought I'd start my fashion week posting with a rather strong show and Rag & Bone fits the bill. The collection was heavy on layering and emulated a winter-appropriate look with a wealth of knits and outerwear. The designers, David Neville and Marcus Wainwright declared that they were inspired by the "crazy English guys who climbed Mount Everest in the twenties in tweed." Though I'm not a huge fan of truely utilitarian clothing, I find that when designers merge the utilitarian with steet style, it can be a wonderful match. Neville and Wainwright successfully did this with their collection, managing to make thick stockings sexy, among other things. My only complaint would be the use of camo print. Military style is just fine and can be utterly brilliant, but I'm not often impressed by camo. In any case, I'd snatch up most of this collection in a second, given the opportunity.

Kasia Struss
Photobucket

Jac
Photobucket

Lisanne De Jong
Photobucket

Jacquelyn Jablonski
Photobucket

Iris Strubegger
Photobucket

Liu Wen
Photobucket

Julija Steponaviciute
Photobucket

Ieva Laguna
Photobucket

Frida Gustavsson
Photobucket

Iselin Steiro
Photobucket

All photos style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment