Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Valentino (?)

The house of Valentino has been in a state of limbo since Mr. Garavani left. I absolutely adored the Spring/Summer collection, but this couture season, the incredible departure Maria Grazia Chiuri and Pier Paolo Piccioli took was so drastic, it was almost offensive. I can't imagine Valentino and his loyal customers are all that thrilled with what came out on the runway. Don't get me wrong, the collection was both interesting and cool. A sort of futuristic tribal warrior seemed to be the inspiration. Avatar was brought up, but I cringed at the reference.

I guess change is inevitable and can lead to beautiful things, but I just have a place in my heart for Valentino and his glamour.

Jac
Photobucket
Hanne Gaby Odiele
Photobucket
Sigrid Agren
Photobucket
Constance Jablonski
Photobucket
Anabela Belikova
Photobucket
Ginta Lapina
Photobucket
Kamila Filipcikova
Photobucket
Anatstasia Kuznetsova
Photobucket
Anastasija Kondratjeva
Photobucket
Dorthea Barth Jorgensen
Photobucket
Sigrid Agren
Photobucket
Jac
Photobucket
Ginta Lapina
Photobucket
Jenny Sinkaberg
Photobucket

A couple thoughts:
The flowy red dress is a lovely and modern ode to Valentino's work.
The choice of closing dress doesn't make sense to me.
The collection was not at all cohesive.

We mustn't be too hard on the new designers. They did create something beautiful.

All photos by style.com

1 comment:

  1. I AM FOLLOWING YOU!
    In other news, this makes me want to paint a bright blue stripe across my eyes. Sorry we got ice cream without you.
    Love, Alison

    ReplyDelete