Thursday, February 18, 2010

Rodarte

Unsurprisingly, Rodarte's latest collection has lightened up since the glorious horror of S/S 2010. Truthfully, you cannot get much darker than that. Even so, the inspiration for their rather ephemeral collection came from a dark place: the border towns of Mexico. The models could almost serve as proxies for the victimized women of these towns. They also played with the idea of sleep and the world between the awake and the asleep. The makeup reflected a sort of dazed, sleepwalking look that came through the clothes. I'm going to shut up now so my favorites can speak for themselves.
As always, it was beautiful ladies.

Antonella Graef
Photobucket
Ok, I'm not going to completely shut up. Those tights have me swooning.

Karen Elson
Photobucket

Dorthea Barth Jorgensen
Photobucket
For some reason, this look is one of my favorites. I just want to reach out and touch shag carpet-like skirt.

Karlie Kloss
Photobucket

Malu Ribeiro
Photobucket

Madisyn Ritland
Photobucket
I love the little ode to Fall/Winter 2008. It looks quite at home.

Juana Berga
Photobucket

Heidi Mount
Photobucket

Jamie Bochert
Photobucket
More of the shag carpet look, but done as epaulets. The whole crafty thing going on here is really quite interesting to me. It feels like it carries stories.

Lindsay White
Photobucket

Frida Gustavsson
Photobucket

Anastasia Kuznetsova
Photobucket

Photos via style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment