Friday, March 26, 2010

Celine

After her long-awaited return to fashion, Phoebe Philo has been causing quite a stir since her first Resort collection for Celine in June of 2009. It is my belief that she has single-handedly spurred the great movement toward simplicity that I described in my Stella review. There is something so beautifully clean about the clothes she has produced for the French house thus far, and her Fall/Winter 2010 collection brings no exceptions. From the amazing coats to the leather separates, it all has power in its wearability. Wearable to me generally indicates a boring quality to something or a normalcy, but this collection is so utterly sophisticated and sexy that I can say the dirty word with confidence. Miss Philo, you have opened my eyes into the power of simplicity. That said, a shift in my personal style has not come to pass. In any case, Celine doesn't look to be leaving the spotlight any time soon.

Jac
Photobucket

Jacquelyn Jablonski
Photobucket

Debora Muller
Photobucket

Karmen Pedaru
Photobucket

Fei Fei Sun
Photobucket

Carla Gebhart
Photobucket

Anouck Lepère
Photobucket

Sigrid Agren
Photobucket

Sara Blomqvist
Photobucket

Anabela Belikova
Photobucket

Kasia Struss
Photobucket

Jac
Photobucket

Photos via style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment