Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Julie & Julia

It seems that my "weekend retreat" has continued in the form of watching a film.

Photobucket

Julie & Julia features two actresses that do some of the most wonderful work in film today. Meryl Street and Amy Adams shined in this lovely intertwining of stories of women and food. The way Julie Powell's blog allowed for escapism was highlighted through Julia Child's life. It is a special quality that I have yet to harness with my own blog, but am constantly aspiring to. I was left with a warm sense of optimism and inspiration, which should be the case with film, assuming it takes a light-hearted path.

So since I've thoroughly enjoyed several hours sitting in bed, I must get out into the sun while it's still out. I've already bought Lady GaGa tickets today (something that was on my to do list), but there is much more (and much more difficult tasks) to accomplish.

No comments:

Post a Comment