Monday, March 8, 2010

Dries Van Noten

My mind is finally in Paris and all I have to say is, it's about time. There's something so very special about the designers that show in Paris. People are quick to deem it the "fashion capital of the world", but I find that to be too exclusive. Between Paris, Milan, London, and New York, I feel that each city contributes something different. Though I'm sure I could talk about this for ages, I did not begin this post to debate with myself.

Dries Van Noten came to my attention through Vogue with his use of multiple prints within his clothing. Ever since, I've thought of him as a master of prints, I suppose. I cannot say he is one of my favorite designers, but he is someone I'm continually impressed by. Perhaps I will snap into it and pay him some much deserved attention after this collection. Contradiction was again heavily focused upon, with Dries pairing utilitarian elements with more romantic, opulent elements. Even so, the contradiction was not harsh in the slightest, but instead felt quite easy and relaxed. I'd quite like to step out with messy hair (as per usual), a tailored coat or oversize sweatshirt, and a plush leopard-print scarf.
Dries may just be converting me...

Caroline Brasch Nielsen
Photobucket

Valerija Kelava
Photobucket

Jac
Photobucket

Sara Blomqvist
Photobucket

Kori Richardson
Photobucket

Yuila Kharlaponova
Photobucket

Dorothea Barth Jorgensen
Photobucket

Martha Streck
Photobucket

Karmen Pedaru
Photobucket

Maria Kashleva
Photobucket

Jac
Photobucket

Aline Weber
Photobucket

Daiane Conterato
Photobucket

Freja Beha Erichsen
Photobucket

Hanne Gaby Odiele
Photobucket

Photos via style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment