Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A Lovely Day on the Hill.

Today I escaped the dark dungeon I call my room and went to Capitol Hill with my dear friend Kim. The Hill may be my favorite neighborhood in Seattle, as it is an epicenter of culture, the gay community in Seattle, and young people in general. A short bus ride brought us to the glorious Broadway and we ventured through the sunshine to Caffe Vita, one of the many cool little coffee shops in Seattle (I have completely lost interest with Starbucks since moving to the city). The two of us each grabbed an americano, a Stranger, and skipped across the street to Cal Anderson Park to sit and read in the sun. We leafed through the Stranger together and found ourselves practically giddy upon discovering a silent reading party at the Sorrento Hotel. We then turned to our respective texts, mine Vogue, hers 2666 by Roberto Bolano. Later we decided to grab some delicious fish tacos at Rancho Bravo and return to the park. The restaurant also operates a taco truck in Wallingfod, near campus, which I find quite exciting. People watching, wonderful conversation, and dodging fly baseballs were just some of the random happenings that made the day. Molly Moons was our final destination before saying farewell to Capitol Hill and returning to the U-District. Coconut ice cream and lemon sorbet are perfect compliments, in case anyone was wondering...

I really wish I had a decent camera to capture the beautiful day, since this post is just text. I'm no photographer, but I don't just want to insert pictures of the places we went to. That feels lazy to me... I don't know.

Anyway, I'm off to Queen Anne for dinner with friends. Enjoy your Spring Break if you haven't already!

No comments:

Post a Comment