Friday, September 18, 2009

Anna Sui!

I adore Anna Sui. She's a wonderfully talented designer who makes clothes for young girls who just want to have fun. She herself was one of these girls, running around New York City with Steven Meisel. Oh how I wish I could have been living in NYC back in those days... Anyway, Anna Sui's Spring/Summer collection for 2010 was like a trip to the circus. Her major point of reference for the collection was the 1967 film Dr. Doolittle. The clothes her girls walked down the runway all had that late Sixties, early Seventies vibe. After every show, I fall in love with Anna's spirit again and again. This show was no exception.

Natasha Poly opened in this charming little number.

Photobucket

I love how the grey of the top and hat goes with the purples in the print of the skirt. The boots are great too. Anna is always a bit over-the-top, which is why I love her.

I love the lion on the vest, and the little tie. These little details make for an enviable, clever collection. Sasha Pivovarova walks.

Photobucket

Black and white looks, like the one Hanne Gaby Odiele is wearing here, are still perfectly fun. Again the tie and animal art is endearing. The flats are also quite cute.

Photobucket

Du Juan looks adorable here with the round-collared jacket and mixed prints. I'm also dying over the flats. Super cute.

Photobucket

This dress, worn by Sessilee Lopez, has a perfect print and of course, that tie.

Photobucket

Mirte Maas looks like a cool Sixties darling. The boots are what really gets me here. Super cool. I need to find me some.

Photobucket

I love Sasha in this laid-back look. The shirt and shorts make for a fun, but easy outfit for a warm spring day.

Photobucket

This look has me a bit torn. On one hand, I think the dress is perfect, but on the other, I feel like the color might be a bit off. I can't decide. The bag and shoes are amazing. Eniko Mihalik models.

Photobucket

Love the mixed prints. That's all. Iris Strubegger walks.

Photobucket

Du Juan is too precious. Love the tie. Love the stockings.

Photobucket

I'm obsessed with this look that Sasha modeled. The colors with the black look amazing, the sandals are super shiny and super sexy, and the cat mask tops it off. I want a cat mask...

Photobucket

What a pretty dress... And love Chanel Iman.

Photobucket

Natasha Poly closed in this interesting dress and jacket. A little sparkle makes my world go 'round.

Photobucket

I want to play now and I've only had 4 hours of sleep... That's saying something.

(photos by style.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment