Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Marc is God.

This season, Marc Jacobs went romantic, quite opposite from his Fall/Winter collection, which was took us back to the Eighties. His clothes were inspired by opera, theater, dancer girls in their off-duty clothes. Sort of. I don't think I saw a single heel, but the flats were adorable. The girls wore ballerina buns and various types of pale theater makeup. There were nods to Japanese Opera (hello eyebrows) among other things. I, for one would be happy to take every single bag in this collection. Usually when I review runway shows, I select 3-5 looks to save on my computer and briefly talk about, but Marc outdid himself. I couldn't narrow it down past 21 looks. He's too genius.

This look, modeled by Jac, is one of my favorites. The ruffles are to die for. The styling in this show is incredible. Marc paired everyday garments with flouncy, theatrical pieces, and casual dancer wear.

Photobucket

AMAZING.

I don't love the raincoats all that much, but the ruffles erupting from the next and legs are beyond thrilling.

Photobucket

That bag... Love.

The prim-looking collared shirt with a satin bra detailing on Du Juan is so wonderfully perverted. I also like the criss-cross pattern on the skirt. Still dying over the flats.

Photobucket

And that bag... Shiny, over sized, amazing. If that doesn't say Stevie, I don't know what does. Die die die.

Iselin Steiro shows another odd mix of clothes. The shirt under the ruffled blouse/section of the dress(?) makes this look for me. It's very eccentrically pulled together.

Photobucket

Pinstripe always gives me weird flashbacks to tacky middle school dressing, though I'm not sure why. Marc has managed to take me out of that state of mind. This ruffled jacket is amazing and the collar sealed the deal for me. The navy is a great choice of color. Olga Sherer models.

Photobucket

The suiting continues with Chanel Iman in a bustier over a jacket with some fabulous ruffled pants. I'll have some, please and thank you. The contrast with the nude shirt and black jacket is great too. That fringed bag is killer... I need.

Photobucket

It was hard to tell at first whether Irina Kulikova was wearing a dress or something else. I think it's actually a jacket and shorts. That's part of why I think Marc is so talented. He almost re-defines the roles of garments. The ruffles are fantastic and the color is amazing.

Photobucket

A lot of these bags look like Louis Vuitton F/W 09, which is not a bad thing in my mind. Loved that collection.

From the waist up, I love this look, modeled by Taylor Kraemer. I'm not so keen on the skirt, but the ruffled, electric blue top and the scarf are both quite lovely.

Photobucket

Volume was a huge part of this show, and this look, modeled by Marike Le Roux, fully encapsulates that. The bra top over a shirt, the over sized coat, the beautiful scarf, and those printed pajama-looking pants have me drooling. If I owned those pants, I would wear them wherever I could.

Photobucket

Yulia Kharlaponova walked in a similar look that I still find worth noting. I also have MAJOR bag envy.

Photobucket

I'm not sure why I find Vlada Roslyakova so charming in this photo... Perhaps it's the pockets, or the gloves... I also adore the muted colors. Very beautiful.

Photobucket

Natasa Vojnovic looks very GaGa in this photo. The color may be a bit too soft for the Lady, but she has moments in which this would be appropriate. I wouldn't be suprised to see her in it especially since she sang at MJ's after party. I think my love of nude should go without saying by now... The flats are precious.

Photobucket

Natasha Poly is already a great model. This ruffled mini just compliments her more. I love the colors. Metallic gold bag... Love.

Photobucket

Again, it's difficult to tell what Ines Crnokrak is wearing, but in any case, the print is precious and the neckline is quite interesting. Love this.

Photobucket

As the show is coming to it's last twelve looks, there is a magnificent set of flowy, light dresses. Alyona Osmanova wears one of these said dresses. I love how it's pieced together and the print is lovely.

Photobucket

This has to be one of my favorite looks from this collection. The construction of this dress is very intriguing, and I love the pale turquoise print, as well as the bits of skin exposure. The scarf is to die for. I want I want. Anabela Belikova is quite striking. I'm looking forward to seeing her in more shows.

Photobucket

Karmen Pedaru wears a look that's a bit more casual than the two looks previously posted, but no less dreamy. The cut of the dress reminds me a bit of a fairy. Very pretty.

Photobucket

Inna Pilipenko wears an odd coat featuring diamond cut-outs and the collard shirt has returned. I really hope those are pants that she's wearing. I would love some, no matter how ridiculous I might look.

Photobucket

Jessica Stam wears the black counterpart of the above look. I really miss seeing Stam on the runway. I'm not sure if it's by her own choosing or not. Either way, tears. I love the jacket, the bra top, and white collar all together.

Photobucket

This looks like another possible GaGa look to me. The ruffles look like giant flowers. Love. Hannah Holman walks.

Photobucket

Kamila Filipcikova closed the show in this gorgeous sheer dress. I think the black threading is what makes this dress really special. It looks a bit like a ballet costume, but not in a bad way. Crazy amazing.

Photobucket

Marc really outdid himself with this show. There's a reason why everyone loves him. He's an absolute genius. A very talented artist. I think it's safe to say that I'm OBSESSED. A big X and O for Mr. Jacobs. Bravo.

(all photes by style.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment