Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Versace

I was planning on covering Marni, Moschino, and Moschino Cheap & Chic, but I've concluded that editing is rather essential to my sanity. I love writing, but blogging can be rather exhausting and is often not an exercise in writing at all. I don't mean to dismiss bloggers in general, I just know that my blogging could be a lot more... sophisticated.

Anyways, Versace was utter insanity. Abbey Lee came out with a BANG! and the excitement didn't end until she disappeared behind the curtain after closing the show. The girls looked quintessentially Versance looking very sexy, with super short skirts, and gorgeous, long, supermodel hair. Donatella noted Tim Burton's upcoming Alice in Wonderland as an inspiration, but still maintained the sex appeal the house is known for. I'm absolutely swooning over the shoes. Like Proenza and Prada, Donatella included beach elements, as well as the clear plastic Sixties vibe seen at Zac Posen and elsewhere. I've honestly not been this excited about Versace in a long time, so I'm glad to see Donatella turn out such thrilling clothes. I could have lived without most of the long dresses, but what can you do? Even if she over does it, I love Donatella for being Donatella.

Abbey Lee
Photobucket
Jac
Photobucket
Vlada Roslyakova (I think mostly those sunglasses do it for me)
Photobucket
Freja Beha Erichsen
Photobucket
Sasha Pivovarova
Photobucket
Lily Donaldson
Photobucket
Weronika
Photobucket
Regina Feoktistova
Photobucket
Lily Donaldson
Photobucket
Abbey Lee
Photobucket

photos by style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment