Monday, September 14, 2009

Mmmm Fashion Week

With Fashion Week having started, I am compulsively checking style.com to see all of the top designer's Spring/Summer 2010 collections. A favorite designer of mine (and every it girl in the universe), Alexander Wang, showed on Saturday. I found his collection to be quite unexpected, inspired by varsity sports and a collegiate, Americana nostalgia. He took pieces that are rather standard and "classic" and Wanged them out of control. Despite the wholesome inspiration, Wang's collection still retained the rock and roll elements that make women (and men) swoon.

My favorite looks were....

Angela Lindvall in a gorgeous leather jacket

Photobucket

Abbey Lee in fantastic little leather lace-up shorts and a sweatshirt tee

Photobucket

Abbey Lee in a short-sleeve fur(?) sweater and bodysuit(?)

Photobucket

Abbey is a terrific model. I'm very happy to be seeing her back on the runway for Spring.

The Woman, the Legend, Diane Von Furstenberg showed on Sunday, serving up a collection inspired by Egypt and the desert.

I'm dying over Sessilee Lopez in this yellow draped dress over a tee.

Photobucket

Chanel Iman wore a delicious-looking dress/blazer combo. The color is insane.

Photobucket

Arlenis Sosa closed with a shiny, coin-laden number.

Photobucket

Jason Wu plesantly suprised me on Friday. I didn't find the dress he designed for Michelle Obama to be all that extraordinary, so I've held a small grudge. After seeing his collection, I can set that aside. There doesn't really seem to be a clear focus, but I adore quite a few of the looks he sent down the runway.

Chanel and Karlie look great in these lime green belts, and I died over the feathers.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Eniko Mihalik walked in a perfectly whimsical blouse and skirt. Again, the feathers have got me, but the top is amazing as well.

Photobucket

If I were a fabulous professional woman, I would wear that to work. I also loved Wu's use of mustard as a color. I have no idea why, but I love anything mustard. I feel like it's an odd color, but he made it so beautiful.

During this time of year, I spend more time on the computer than it is healthy, but it feeds my soul. I cannot wait to see what Marc Jacobs, Miuccia Prada, and others have in store. Now, it is my bed time. Or rather, if I don't go to bed, I will surely die. Perhaps not. Anyway, goodnight.

(all photos from style.com)

1 comment: